New Town Hall
Novomestka Hall in Charles Square offers many spaces that can be used for all types of events. The Mazhaus, Great Hall and many other venues can be used for all types of catering and various social events.
New Town Hall – Mazhaus
The entrance hall with Gothic columns and arch is the largest High Gothic space in Bohemia, outside of churches and cathedrals. The Mázhaus is located on the ground floor of the south wing of the New Town Hall. It hosts press conferences, seminars, coffee breaks, receptions and many other events.
The floor is sandstone, there is an arched ceiling, the walls are beautifully preserved. In the middle of the room are two columns. Lighting is halogen wall lights. The lounge is heated by underfloor heating. The entrance to the tower on the north side of the staircase leading to the basement is in the east wing. Access is from the courtyard or Charles square. (for the reconstruction of the facade of the courtyard only). Area: 191 m2.
Pictures from events
New Town Hall – Great Hall
The Great Hall is located on the first floor of the east wing of the New Town Hall and has an area of 260 m2. It hosts concerts, conferences, gala dinners, receptions and other cultural and social events.
p<>. The floor of the Great Hall of the New Town Hall is a wooden polished parquet. In the south wall are 4 large windows. On the walls are the remains of wall paintings from the 16th century. On the east wall is access to the adjoining chapel and the tower. In the middle of the hall are three columns. Due to the historic nature of the Great Hall is not possible to place anything on the walls. Lighting is done halogen bulbs in the ceiling + 4 halogens on the west side (on a stage). The room must be lit
New Town Hall – hire and capacity (ideal number)
Concert theater style: 300 persons
Conference organization: 150 people
Gala Dinner: 150 people
Banquet: 300 people
Novoměstká Hall in Prague Charles Square offers much more spaces to use for all types of catering and various social events. Are you interested in more information about leasing Novoměstká Hall in Prague for catering events? Prague catering – your reliable and creative catering partner- contact.
New Town Hall – History
New Town Hall, located on the corner of Vodičkova and the north facade of Charles Square in Prague 2 is one of the most important buildings of the New Town, which was built in the time of Charles IV. The wish of Charles IV. was that Karlovo náměstí (Charles Square) (formerly the Cattle Market), became not only an important trading center, but also a worthy counterpart to the Old Town Square. That was also the reason why the New Town Hall should excel in sumptuousness.
New Town Hall consists of several buildings and their construction took place gradually, in stages. The oldest part of the building’s east wing (Vodičkova street), was built from 1377 to 1398. Following in 1411 was led by Martin Frick master wing Southern Cross built with frontage on Karlovo náměstí. For these years (1411-1418) is on the ground floor of the south wing of the main preserved double-naved vaulted hall of the six fields, carried by two cylindrical pillars, and covers an area nearly the entire wing. Restored in its original Renaissance form. Hall is 23 meters long, 11 meters wide and hall ceiling height is 7 meters. Dominating the New Town Hall, Town Hall Tower, was founded in 1451 and is located in the southeast corner (comprising corner of Sunset Boulevard and Charles Square).
Construction of the tower took place from 1452 to 1456. The high is 70 meters to the summit leads 212 steps. It has six floors. The ground floor of the tower served as a prison. On the first floor there is a Gothic, Baroque style chapel of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Wenceslas. The chapel also served as the last refuge sentenced to death. On the wall is a fresco depicting the law and justice. Top floor apartment served as a watchman. The roof of the tower and walkway are from the years 1722-1725. In the years 1520-1526 was Benedikt Ried Renaissance style south wing and the main facade (this form with high gables, the facade today). After a fire in 1559, was built west wing and north and Boniface Wohlmut Renaissance style and the eastern wing (tunnels under.), which remained (1st floor) Maintaining large Gothic hall with a Gothic ribbed vault at the Renaissance supports. After these renovations and additional construction was completed range-D Hall: was building with four wings arcaded courtyard and a tower in the southeast corner. Drawn from Wikipedie.cz