Prague catering

Chapel of the Sacre Coeur

A newly renovated de-consecrated church. Catering events in Sacre Coeur always have the right atmosphere. Capacity: up to 300 people for receptions and approximately 100 people at a gala dinner at round tables. Sacre Coeur offers wedding ceremonies, and the space is suitable for weddings and wedding receptions.

Sacre Coeur in Prague – hire

If you would like more information about renting Sacre Coeur and the possibilities of catering events? Prague catering – your reliable and creative catering partner – contact.

Chapel of the Sacre Coeur picture gallery

SSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.czSacre Coeur Chapel | catering events | prague-catering.cz

Chapel of the Sacre Coeur history

The Sacre Coeur Chapel is situated at the site of the former convent and boarding school of the Ladies of the Sacred Heart of Jesus by the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. In 1872, Josefina Goetz, the head of the nuns of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Lord, bought the mansion of the manufacturer Ried of Riedenstein in Smichov. It was house no. 103. standing in the garden and once owned by Count Clary. She also bought the estate no. 167 and built a new nunnery with a chapel there. The premises served as a finishing school established in the French style for girls from wealthy families, where lessons were also conducted in French.

On 30 June 1882, the foundation stone was laid for a new cathedral built in the Neogothic style after P. Ghislain Bethun, an Emmaus/Beuron Benedictine. The construction of the Sacre Coeur church was undertaken by Ferdinand Zehengruber. The church was completed and consecrated in 1884.

Subsequently, the interiors were also finished and the murals were painted by the Beuron artists. The objects of reverence were the remains of Flavia Victoria, a Roman martyr. These remains were donated to the congregation by the Empress Maria Anna and were placed in the crypt.

At the end of the 20th century, the reconstruction of the church was commenced and the interior of the church was restored to its original state.


Contact us

[317]